Discreet Ceramic Or Clear Braces
Looking for the smile you have always wanted and have been advised that braces are your best treatment option? Do you want an effective orthodontic treatment that is hardly noticeable? If your answer is “yes” then clear ceramic braces may very well be your best option...
Want to know why clear ceramic braces are less noticeable? Read on below to hear about this option for straightening your teeth that is growing in popularity.
Why are Clear Ceramic Brackets Less Noticeable?
Whilst clear ceramic braces function very similarly to traditional metal braces they are less noticeable as:
- The clever use of clear or tooth coloured ceramic brackets blend with your teeth so they are remarkably discreet whilst producing excellent results.
- With this type of dental braces, you can choose the type of 'wire' material used to connect the brackets. Traditionally these were metal however, now there is the option for tooth coloured wires as well, once again making clear and ceramic braces well-disguised so that the entire system is hardly noticeable.
Are Clear Ceramic Braces now a Fashion Item?
Yes, they are as:
- The combining of clear brackets together with a choice of different coloured ties has become popular with children and teenagers.
- The choice of coloured ties allows teenagers to express their individuality, to display rather than hide, and to make braces fashionable rather than a source of embarrassment.
How do these Clear Braces Work?
Clear and ceramic braces are a variation of the more well-known and highly efficient metal brace variety:
- In common with metal braces, the clear brackets are attached to the front of the teeth.
- They are joined by special orthodontic wires which will move teeth into their predetermined positions. The only difference is that it is much less noticeable!
What to Expect from this type of Orthodontic Treatment?
Your journey with these braces start the same way as all orthodontic treatments do:
- The first step is a customised plan being formulated by your orthodontist.
- Once this is determined and discussed with you, brackets will be placed and joined by wires.
- These will be periodically adjusted over the course of treatment to allow for planned teeth movements to occur.
- After your treatment has been completed, you will be given a retainer to wear that will ensure that your teeth stay aligned. Your MP orthodontist will advise how often you should be wearing your retainer.
What is Daily Life like with Clear
or Ceramic Braces?
Clear ceramic braces give you the best of both worlds. They give you the proven results that come with traditional braces, while also providing a more subtle alternative. That being said, you do need to take care of your braces during your treatment:
- Care of your braces includes avoiding overly chewy or crunchy foods that may cause damage to your braces.
- You will also need to brush and floss your teeth carefully, regularly and thoroughly so there is no discolouration or build-up of plaque.
- As with all orthodontic treatment, you may experience some discomfort after your braces are fitted or adjusted. This is only temporary until your teeth, lips and cheeks have adjusted.
How much do Clear or Ceramic
In comparison to metal braces, this variety generally costs a bit more. This is because the materials are more expensive than the traditional metal components.
The difference in total cost between the two systems may not be significant, but it really depends on the complexity of every case. At MP Orthodontics, we have a range of flexible financing options which will help you to achieve your new smile the way that best suits you.
How Long will the Treatment Take?
While every case varies in its complexity and overall time frame, clear and ceramic braces usually take a similar amount of time to achieve the desired result as do traditional braces.
For some minor cases this can be as little as 6 months but generally is closer to 18-24 months.
Is this Treatment Suitable for me?
As noted previously, one great advantage of clear ceramic braces is that they are a variation of the widely-used traditional metal variety, which can correct most misaligned teeth. This solution has been tried and tested over many years of development, and you can rest assured that you will get results.